•Pitched in 21 contests, all in relief
• tied for the team lead with four saves
• finished with an 0-3 record and a 3.81 earned run average
• longest outing was against Marist, 2.1 innings with three runs on three hits
• pitched two shutout innings four days later and had three strikeouts
• first save of the year was against Texas Pan-American (March 1) in one inning pitched with two punch outs
• second save was against Southeastern La. on March 14, again one inning pitched and two strikeouts
• third save at Houston on one inning and one punch out
• final save at Abilene Christian (April 5) on two innings pitched, on hit and two strikeouts
• second most strikeouts per inning on the team.
•Played for coach Scott Harp
•Compiled a 4.5 earned run average over 110 innings of work in two seasons
•Named team captain and academic all-conference as a sophomore
•Also played for Texas Rebels baseball club.
•Played for coach Jamie Crocker
•Earned two varsity letters in baseball.
•Born Daniel Jordan Fernandez on February 23, 1993 in Nassau Bay, Texas
•Son of Frank and Sue Fernandez
•Father played basketball for Stephen F. Austin.