March 30, 2009
LUBBOCK, Texas -
In addition to facing the No. 32 team in the country Saturday, the Lamar University men's tennis team battled cold and windy weather as they dropped a 7-0 decision to the Red Raiders at the McLeod Tennis Center.
Despite Texas Tech winning the doubles point, the Cardinals duo of Diego Snyder and Mario Janjic picked up an 8-3 win at No. 3 doubles over the pair of Joe Hattrup and Michael Breler.
With the loss the Cardinals record in now at 7-7 on the year. They will be back in action on Friday when they travel to Hammond, La. for a Southland Conference showdown with the Lions of Southeastern Louisiana at 1 p.m. They will close out the weekend against Nicholls State at 2 p.m. on Saturday in Thibodaux, La.
Below is a list of the results from Saturday's match against Texas Tech:
1. #48 Raony Carvalho (TTU) def. Maciej Bogusz 6-2, 6-2
2. Sinisa Markovic (TTU) def. Mario Janjic 6-2, 6-2
3. Christian Rojmar (TTU) def. Marton Horvath 6-0, 7-5
4. Gonzalo Escobar (TTU) def. Richard Filkuka 6-3, 6-2
5. Michael Breler (TTU) def. Diego Snyder 6-2, 6-1
6. James Wilson (TTU) def. Dusan Savkovic 6-1, 6-2
1. #15 Raony Carvalho/Christian Rojmar (TTU) def. Maciej Bogusz/Marton Horvath (LU-M) 8-1
2. David Gonzalez/Gonzalo Escobar (TTU) def. Richard Filkuka/Dusan Savkovic (LU-M) 8-4
3. Diego Snyder/Mario Janjic (LU-M) def. Joe Hattrup/Michael Breler (TTU) 8-6