April 6, 2007
LUBBOCK, Texas -
The Lamar University men's tennis team had their three match win streak snapped on Friday, falling to No. 39 Texas Tech in Lubbock 4-0 at the McLeod Tennis Center in Lubbock, Texas.
The match began with singles due to anticipated poor weather conditions. The Cards bottom four player dropped their matches, and the matches at No. 1 and No. 2 did not finish. The first final was David Wanja falling to Michael Breler in the No. 4 6-3, 6-0, followed by Emmanuel Olivier, who dropped a 6-1, 6-2 decision to Christian Rojmar at No. 5.
At No. 6, Tyler Cobb fell to Milos Kustudija 6-1, 6-2, and Sinisa Markovic clinched the match for Texas Tech with a 6-1, 6-2 win over Maciej Bogusz at No. 3. The remaining two matches were called due to the weather.
The loss drops The Cards record to 8-9 on the year, while the Red Raiders improved to 11-7 this season. Lamar will be back in action on Saturday, when they take on New Mexico State at noon.
Tennis Match Results
#39 Texas Tech, 4, Lamar, 0
Singles: 4, 5, 6, 3*
1. #39 Bojan Szumanski (TTU) vs. Filip Kanczula (LU), 6-4, 3-2 (DNF)
2. Dimitrio Martinez (TTU) vs. Mario Janic (LU), 6-1, 4-6 (DNF)
3. Sinisa Markovic (TTU) def. Maciej Bogusz (LU), 6-1, 6-2
4. Michael Breler (TTU) def. David Wanja (LU), 6-3, 6-0
5. Christian Rojmar (TTU) def. Emmanuel Olivier (LU), 6-1, 6-2
6. Milos Kustadija (TTU) def. Tyler Cobb (LU), 6-1, 6-2