Feb. 10, 2014
BROUSSARD, La. -
For Immediate Release Feb. 10, 2014
Tuesday's round of action at the LeTriomphe Collegiate is something the Lamar women's golf team hasn't faced all season. The Lady Cardinals fired a 317 in the second round falling one spot to fourth on the team leaderboard. Lamar's second-round score was the team's highest of the season, and the first time it recorded a round of 310 or higher since the season opener.
Freshman Wenny Chang remains in the hunt for the individual title but will have her work cut out for her as she enters Tuesday's final round. Chang fired a five-over 77 in the second round, four strokes off her opening-round pace (73-77 - 150). Despite posting a higher score compared to Sunday's round Chang is tied for fourth nine strokes back of the leader.
Sophomore Taylor Stockton is just outside the top 10. She finished the round a stroke back of Chang, and two strokes back of her teammate for the tournament. Stockton enters the final day tied for 11th overall.
Freshman Bertille DuPont has carded a two-round 78-81 - 159 and is tied for 38 with 18 holes to play. Junior Nghi Ngo continues to struggle in the cool damp conditions of the par 72 LeTriomphe Golf and Country Club course. She followed up her opening round 79 with a second-round 81. She is tied for 43rd heading into the Tuesday final 18 holes.
Lamar returns to action Tuesday at 8 a.m. for the final round of action in the spring opener. The Lady Cardinals are slated to go off of the first and second tees.
LeTriomphe Golf and Country Club - Broussard, La.
Feb. 9-10, 2014
1. Louisiana-Monroe 298-301 - 599
2. Houston Baptist 302-302 - 604
3. Grand Canyon 306-306 - 612
4. Lamar 304-317 - 621
5. McNeese State (Blue) 307-315 - 622
Stephen F. Austin 309-313 - 622
7. Sam Houston State 309-317 - 626
8. Arkansas State 311-316 - 627
9. South Alabama 319-309 - 628
10. Central Arkansas 313-317 - 630
11. Oral Roberts 316-317 - 633
12. New Orleans 324-318 - 642
13. Incarnate Word 323-324 - 647
14. McNeese State (Gold) 323-325 - 648
15. Texas-Pan American 319-333 - 652
16. McLennan CC 324-338 - 662
17. Valparaiso 337-334 - 671
18. UAB 342-330 - 672